So you’ve mastered the basics of cooking with marijuana like making weed butter and baking pot brownies? Well, now it’s time to move onto advanced techniques, starting with weed gummies. Easy to fit into a little bag, delicious, and their small size which makes dosing a breeze are all contributing factors as to why this delicacy is becoming more and more popular. To get you started we’ve created an easy-to-follow recipe that should give you a boost of energy while incorporating a calming effect.
Note that you can easily modify the flavour used based on your personal preferences or omit the caffeine by using herbal rather than green tea. From start to finish this recipe should take you approximately 45 minutes and make about 50 delicious gummy bears each containing 1mg of THC.
To begin you will need the following materials:
- Food-grade condiment bottle
- Food-grade silicon gummy bear molds
- Measuring cup
1 oz CBD tincture
2 green tea bags
3 tablespoons creamed honey
½ cup coconut water
¾ cup tart cherry juice
1 ½ tablespoons agar-agar powder or gelatin
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1. Start by pouring coconut water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Then steep green tea bags in the coconut water between 4 and 10 minutes. Compost the tea bags.
2. Add cherry juice, salt and creamed honey to saucepan and stir gently. Return mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Add agar-agar powder and whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add your desired dosage of CBD tincture and whisk until fully mixed.
5. Turn off stovetop and place funnel in condiment bottle.
6. Transfer gummy bear liquid to condiment bottle but be careful! This liquid is hot meaning you need to work quickly.
7. Using an oven mitt or hot pad, hold the bottle and squeeze liquid gummy bear mold.
8. Transfer mold to refrigerator and let set for 15 minutes.
9. Remove bears from tray and store in airtight container.
10. Enjoy one or two at a time in 30-minute intervals until the desired dosage is reached.
You have now mastered the art of making your own homemade weed gummies! What other cannabis-infused recipes would you like to learn? Let us know and happy “baking”!