We all know that the “special brownie” needs less of an introduction than most ‘baked’ goods. However, for those of you who have always been curious about making your own edibles but feel you’re not a real chef, well now is the time to put on that pastry hat and apron because we’re going to teach you how to make the simplest pot brownies.
First, let us start by saying, please do not just sprinkle your bag of herb into the batter. Just don’t go there. You’ll end up with an unappetizing, green-flecked and weedy-tasting brownie of unknown potency.
To begin, the first thing you need to do is draw out the cannabis’s full potential through decarboxylation, which is really just a fancy way of saying the herb needs to be heated before you can get the full potential out of it. A joint won’t get you high unless it’s lit on fire right? To make the cannabutter, try Magical Butter, a handy machines that makes it easy to produce your own butters, oils and even creams. Now, let’s get cooking with the actual recipe.
Note: This recipe makes 16 potent brownies and while they are delicious, we recommend you only eat one at a time.
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
¾ cup cannabutter – this should contain approximately 1/8 ounces of finely ground cannabis trim
1 ¾ cups coconut sugar
½ teaspoon Kosher salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees and grease a 9×13-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place chocolate in a large mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
3. Add cannabutter to the melted chocolate and mix until combined, then mix in the coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla.
4. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
5. Mix in flour.
6. Pour this batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool slightly and then cut into 16 pieces.
7. If there are other users in your kitchen, be sure to mark your leftovers as “special” so as not to confuse anyone.
The effects of pot brownies come on slow, over 1 to 2 hours, and they can last as long as six hours. You will most likely experience joy and pain relief and the effects have been described as slightly more psychedelic than when you smoke marijuana.
If you have any questions about baking this sweet treat, or you find you don’t have all of the proper equipment, visit us and we will gladly help. If you do successfully bake this creation, please feel free to drop by and give us a taste. Remember, sharing is caring.