The beauty of infused sugar is that there is much less cannabis flavor and color in the finished product.
Must use the highest proof alcohol you can find. If you have access to Everclear, use that. Otherwise, Bacardi 151 rum will do the trick.
Yield for each of the following recipes is ¼ cup of Hey Sugar!.
1 ½ grams cannabis buds, ground or finely crushed ¼ cup granulated sugar
Yield: about 150mg THC total 1 teaspoon= about 12.5mg THC
3 grams cannabis buds, ground or finely crushed ¼ cup granulated sugar
Yield: about 300mg THC total 1 teaspoon= about 25mg THC
6 grams cannabis buds, ground or finely crushed ¼ cup granulated sugar
Yield: about 600mg THC total 1 teaspoon= about 50mg THC
- 2 mason jars
- Coffee filter
- Small heat-proof baking dish
- High-proof alcohol
- Decarboxylate the cannabis: Preheat over to 250ºF. Put the cannabis in a small, heat-proof baking dish and place in oven. After 15 to 20 minutes, check the temperature of the cannabis with your digital temperature gun; once it has reached 250ºF, let it bake for 30 minutes, checking the temperature frequently. (In addition to decarboxylating, you are removing any moisture let in the plant material.) If it goes over the correct temperature for too long, it will burn, the THC may convert into CBN, and you will lose the potency. If not using immediately, store the cannabis in an airtight container in a dark place up to 2 months.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 200ºF. Transfer the cannabis to a mason jar. Pour in just enough alcohol to cover it, and seal the jar. Shake the jar every 3 to 5 minutes for 20 minutes, then open the lid.
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter and place it over a bowl. Pour the alcohol solution through the coffee filter to strain off the plant matter. Gently press the back of a spoon or your fingertips, being careful not to break the filter.
- Place the sugar in a heat-proof glass pie dish. Add the strained alcohol solution to the sugar and bake for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring well every 10 minutes, until all the liquid has evaporated and the sugar is evenly colored. (The color ranges from light to dark amber.)
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. There is no need to refrigerate. Hey Sugar! is good for 1 year.
This recipe book & Magical Butter machine can all be found on our website & in store!
This recipe is taken from:
Lazarus, Karin. Sweet Mary Jane 75 Delicious Cannabis- Infused High End Desserts. Penguin Random House, LLC: New York. 51-54. Print.